We are veterans just like you.Service to our veterans begins with our membership base. Without members we would have no voice on Capitol Hill nor could we achieve the entitlements and support to our veterans, their families, their communities, our state and nation.
Our service to veterans and their communities are manifested in our programs. There are many to choose from our veterans, Children and Youth and Americanism programs. Single theme or service posts can be drawing cards for starting new posts. Legion officers at every level should be coaches, motivators and consultants in helping posts develop and maintain programs.
Our Legionnaires, Auxiliay and Sons of the American Legion Members participate in many community activities such as parades, memorials, dedications, etc.
We invite you to join us now. Membership brings an impressive array of benefits. The American Legion is always there for you and your family. Just like you, we're "Still Serving America!"
Please print a copy of the form below, complete and mail it to us.
in The American Legion Auxiliary shall be limited to the:
(1) grandmothers, mothers, sisters, spouses, and direct and adopted female descendants of members of The American Legion; and
(2) grandmothers, mothers, sisters, spouses, and direct and adopted female descendants of all men and women who served in either of the following periods: April 6, 1917, to November 11, 1918 and any time after December 7, 1941 who, being a citizen of the United States at the time of their entry therein served on active duty in the Armed Forces of any of the governments associated with the United States during either eligibility periods and died in the line of duty or after honorable discharge;
(3) grandmothers, mothers, sisters, spouses, and direct and adopted female descendants of all men and women who were in the Armed Forces of the United States during either of the following periods: April 6, 1917, to November 11, 1918; and any time after December 7, 1941 who served on active duty in the Armed Forces of the United States during either eligibility periods and died in the line of duty or after honorable discharge; and
(4) to those women who of their own right are eligible for membership in The American Legion.*
* A woman who is eligible for American Legion membership is eligible to join the American Legion Auxiliary regardless of whether or not she is a member of The American Legion. However, eligibility of her female relatives (sister, mother, direct descendants) and/or spouse depends upon her membership in The American Legion.
Founded in 1932, Sons of The American Legion exists to honor the service and sacrifice of Legionnaires.
S.A.L. members include males of all ages whose parents or grandparents served in the U.S. military and were eligible for American Legion membership. Members of The American Legion, American Legion Auxiliary and Sons of The American Legion comprise the Legion Family, which has a combined membership of nearly 4.2 million.
All male descendants, adopted sons and
stepsons of members of
Reserved for future Use
Reserved for future use.